Get ready for winter and dress up your nails in warm sweaters.
Cable knit sweater nail art design it's one of the hottest trends of the cold season.
At the beginning Sweater design may look very complicated but in reality its very simple and easy to do, and it's one of the most charming nail art designs.
Color: 157 Little Rosie from "My Story" Collection
You will need:
- SEMILAC BASE
- SOAK OFF GEL / HYBRID NAIL POLISH
- TOP MAT
- SEMILAC DOTTING TOOL # 1
Also it is good to have a small piece of aluminium foil or Semilac Nail Art Glass. It will be helpful during our work.
At first we do all the steps of the no chip manicure https://semilacusa.com/blogs/semilac-usa-blog/semilac-gel-hybrid-nail-polish-manicure-step-by-step
- 2 coats of color
- Top ( On the nails without the sweater nail art you can use regular soak off gel top coat. On the nails with the sweater nail art use TOP MAT).
On the Semilac Nail Art Glass or on a piece of aluminium foil put a few drops of gel nail polish.
Dip the end of the Semilac dotter tool into the color and precisely paint selected pattern. Cure under the lamp. Repeat this step .
Paint Top Mat over the sweater nails and cure.
The Sweater Manicure only looks very complicated but with the little precision and right products and tools this manicure can decorate your nails not only during the Christmas or winter season.
In the conclusion I'd like to give it to you a few more hints that may help:
- While painting the sweater pattern use a small amount of gel polish.
- Cure each layer under the UV lamp. You can split the pattern on few steps that will prevent spillage of the color so they can not connect together.
- If the pattern is difficult to see after the first layer has hardened repeat it again and cure.
Here are some more sweater pattern inspirations:
You can also watch video tutorials on Youtube: